The National Code of Practice for the Construction Industry (National Code) establishes minimum standards businesses must meet to be eligible for Australian Government building and construction work.
The National Code for the Construction Industry sets out the responsibilities of all parties on construction projects funded by the Australian Government.
The National Code aims to:
- Establish higher standards of workplace relations behaviour.
- Provide greater flexibility and productivity
It ensures the business:
- Is client focussed.
- Has relationships built on trust.
- Observes ethical principles in tendering.
- Is committed to continuous improvements and
development of best practice.
- Compliance with the National Code and guidelines is a
condition of tender for Government projects.